Saturday, January 12, 2013

Running in a NEW skirt




It's the 2nd week of 2013, and I knocked off 1 of my goals for the year:  find a company to support my running (ambassador, sponsorship, tester).

I sent Lululemon some pictures of me running and shared my story with them because all I train and race in is Lulu!  I met with the girl in charge of the ambassador/testing program and had an absolute blast trying on their new running products.  Ran 13.1 miles this morning in the "Work It Out Tank" and "Breath of Fire Skirt" and as with all my Lulu gear, it fit like a second skin.  I have never had chaffing from any of my gear and this tank, which has thicker straps than my other tanks, was no exception.  The skirt is a little shorter than the ones I normally wear, but it did have ruffles (!!!) and a pocket on the side for fuel.


Checking out the sun rising and surfers heading out to Flat Island 10.5 miles into my run


Matching this colorful tank is the "Run Under Pant" which is super soft and reversible!  Since my running playground is Hawai'i and the temps are in the 70's and 80's, I won't get much use out of it here, but it's on the radar for the Napa Valley Marathon in March where the temps are in the 40's.  Also new to their line in the "Pump It Up Short" which comes in a variety of colors, from basic black to my favorite, a mint striped pattern.  They would be good on runs under 10 miles, as there isn't a zipper or pocket to store fuel in, although if you have a belt for fuel, that wouldn't be an issue

Heading home after a wet, dark, and hilly morning on the road


Lululemon sizing is on target.  I wear between a 2-4 bottom and the pant and skirt were a 4, although needed a 2 in the "Pump It Up Short", as the 4 gave me the saggy bottom look!  Size 6 tops are more comfy than the 4's; unfortunately for me, it has nothing to do with bust size, and everything to do with a broad back and should-have-been-a-football-player type shoulders.  :)

I was stoked to be able to wear this outfit on day 1 of my F3 "marathon" weekend in memory of the 26 victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  The official start date is Monday for the FurtherFasterForever Ride/Run event, but I want to run 2 13.1's back to back this weekend.  Click here to register for this virtual event.

(At the top of this page, check out the 2 Blogs I have listed.  The 1st is Kiana's journey to becoming a runner and the other is Steve's Blog)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Malia! Thanks for saying hi, so I could come find your blog/running/story too. I love that striped top - and I'm the same in the lulu sizes, for all the same reasons.

    I read the post about walking home hurt and I've done that, too, so many times - walked home weepy over an injury. I bet you'll surprise yourself at Napa, that week of rest didn't steal the fitness of a 200+ mile month that went well.

    I'll say hi to Kaiks for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to encourage me. Maybe if we can't get our pace down we should start a girl's football team with our broad backs! :)

      Delete