Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hawaiians In NorCal

Arrived in NorCal Thursday afternoon on a charted military flight (ie: FREE!!!) and checked into our hotel room.  Found a cool hard packed sand trail around a duck pond right down the street, so we could stretch our legs on a short run.

Yesterday we got up early, ran half a mile at 7am to see how COLD we were going to be a the start of the marathon Sunday morning.  Not so bad.  Won't need anything covering my ears or hands.  :)  Then we headed towards the Golden Gate to hit some trails around the area.  Ran the Marin Headlands Coastal Trail, Dipsea Trail, and Kirby Cove.

Drove to Napa for packet pick up with WINE TASTING!!!  More Race Expos need to have wine and beer samples in my humble opinion.  We drove the course and whatever perception we had that the course was flat was quickly shattered.  Lots of rolling hills, which means lots of downhills. I'll take it!  Going to attempt to heal strike running up the steeper inclines in the hope my calf strain doesn't flare up.   On my normal 8.5 training run through Lanikai last week, I was stopped in my tracks coming back out of Lanikai due to the pain in my calf.

Track workout in the low 40's is done for the day.  Getting gear ready, will see a movie, and shop at TRADER JOES (Steve's virgin shopping trip there) to get my mind off of the race tomorrow.  As prepared as I was 2 months ago, I'm not confident going into this race. Injured and my friend paid me a visit yesterday (TMI!); the ladies understand the suckiness in that!  Pressure to place is off as The Napa Valley Marathon is the RRCA National Championship.   Just hope I don't have to crawl across the finish line.

Picture dump:



Muir Islands Coastal Trail

Dipsea Trail


Kirby Cove

Golden Gate Bridge!

Little sips of Cab!!!


Track Workout with Brooks Armwarmers (new for the Hawaiians!)



lululemon, brooks, garmin, trails, Napa Valley Marathon, training, injured, sweatpinkambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment