Friday, December 21, 2012

Hot Pink Newtons


Have had two runs in my hot pink Newtons!  I was coal mining so no one could see how awesome they are.  But I know.  And I think Newton had me in mind when they made them.  

The running community FurtherFasterForever did a weeklong feature about our Ohana.  Today was my day.  Although I am humbled and know there are many others with greater challenges that lie before/behind them, writing and reading about what I have overcome has brought back emotions I didn't expect.  Running is my safe place.  It is what calms me.  When I pray.  I always feel better after lacing up my shoes and heading out the door.  I am so fortunate that I am able to run and live in a place where the only climate challenges are the wind and rain.  So although this year has been a year of PR's, the groundwork was laid in the previous years when I just ran.....  that in itself was enough.   

Merry Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment