Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Rambling

Just over 40 miles left until I reach 2012 miles this year.  Have only taken 2 days off this month and ran a marathon on the 9th.  I'm tired.  My legs are sore.  My foot hurts.

Yet a benefit to playing catch up with mileage is that I am able to enjoy Christmas goodies (A LOT of them!) and can still button my size 2 jeans. :)

Tried to ice my foot last night in an ice bath and holy moly it was excruciating! My foot throbbed for a good 10 seconds after I took it out of the ice.  I was moaning and groaning and received NO sympathy from Steve as he has been doing ice baths 2/3x day for months. 
1.  I don't know athletes emerge their entire bodies in ice.
2.  Reinforcement that I could never live and run in the snow as I'm certain my toes would fall off.  This is why I "like' my IG friend's running in the snow pictures. #badass

Ran 7.5 miles this morning.  Wore my blue Newton Distance verses my new hot pink Newtons and kept an easy pace as my hamstrings are sore from yesterday's 14 miler and hike up the mountain.  Had a cup of coffee and started baking.  Made chocolate chip cookies (only ate one bite of dough thank you very much) and Special K Bars (they do have Special K cereal and peanut butter) for Steve's troops who will standing watch on Christmas Day.  It's a small jester to stop by his work on Christmas day, but feel it's important his troops know that we are grateful they are protecting our Freedom while most of the world celebrates Christmas at home.


Enjoying time with all 3 kids, since the oldest is home from college for the holidays.  After 2 weeks of wind and rain (Hawaiian winter) we were able to enjoy a picture perfect beach day yesterday.  Even managed to make a Sandman complete with coconut hat!

Celebrating the true reason for the season.  Church tonight followed by Jammie exchange with my parents.  Tomorrow morning will rise early with the kids and let them go through their stockings before sneaking out of the house to hit the pavement with Steve before breakfast.  Feeling blessed.

Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment